Interested in growing food in Melbourne? Drop into FareShare Kitchen Garden, Abbotsford for our community open day on Saturday, October 15 (11am–2pm).
Here’s what we have in store on the big day:
11.00am WORKSHOPS WITH Q&A:
– Spring Gardening: what to plant and how with Jac Larsen
– Sustainable Pest Management, home garden pest management with Sara Nour
11.30am OFFICIAL OPENING
– Urban land use, Pippa French, 3000 Acres
– Urban food waste and recycling, ‘Food Know How’ program, Kathi Clark-Orsanic, City of Yarra, Urban Agriculture Facilitator
– Food plant options for Melbourne, Dr Chris Williams, Melbourne University, Burnley
1.30pm WORKSHOPS REPEATED
All times subject to change – and weather! Follow us on Facebook for regular updates.
FareShare Kitchen Garden, Abbotsford, supported by RACV, grows veggies for the FareShare kitchen which cooks 5000 nutritious meals a day for the hungry and homeless. The garden is located on Lulie St between Victoria Park railway station and Vic Park oval.