2015/2016 AT A GLANCE | FareShare Food Charity
- As winter bites, FareShare cooks its most meals ever in a single month.
- Hundreds attended FareShare screening of food waste film Just Eat It.
- An industrial potato peeler, donated by Allens law firm, starts saving volunteers hours of labour.
- FareShare vice president and long-serving volunteer Sandy Dudakov awarded OAM.
- Father Bob Maguire describes FareShare as “the cure” for helping to feed the disenfranchised community his foundation supports.
- FareShare starts distributing food direct to Ballarat.
- 150 walkers raise $137,500 for FareShare in the UpstreamChallenge.
- FareShare is the charity partner for Good Food Month, shining a light on food rescue and hunger, and selling enough fortune cookies to cook 85,000 meals.
- We help people like Trevor from the Salvos put their lives back together with our Christmas appeal.
- Volunteer shifts commence to grow our own vegetables.
- FareShare volunteers help us raise enough to cook an extra 16,500 meals at Melbourne’s inaugural Lunar Markets.
- FareShare’s first vegetables go into the ground at our Abbotsford kitchen garden.
- First harvest of our own veg at FareShare Kitchen Garden, Abbotsford.
- FareShare, Leader Community News and Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation launch Feed Melbourne Appeal 2016.
- Children as young as 3 get on board Feed Melbourne with rice and pasta drives for FareShare.
- FareShare celebrates our 790 regular volunteers during National Volunteer Week with this video.
- FareShare finishes the year with another record – a total of 1,167,436 meals cooked.
- FareShare raises enough funds for a new warehouse and sets our sights on cooking two million meals.